Easy meals with vegetables: Fish - NPA196
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
Hoki, Red Cod, Moki, Lemonfish, Mullet, Gurnard
All year round.
Fillets that are semi-transparent and glossy.
Best cooked on the day of purchase.
In the fridge, covered, for several days.
- Whole fillet.
- Slice into small pieces.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
- Fish cakes
Vegetable pasta salad with fish (serves 4)
- ¼ packet pasta shapes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 600 grams fish fillets
- ⅓ cup flour
- Boil pasta for ten minutes and then drain and set aside.
- Mix drained pasta with carrot, courgette, tomato, avocado, vinegar and half of the oil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly coat fish fillets in flour. Heat remaining oil in a large pan.
- So the pan is not crowded, fry in batches until golden brown. Serve with pasta salad.
This resource is for digital download only.