Easy meals with vegetables: Bok Choy - NPA204
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Greens should be clean, fresh and crisp.
In plastic bags in the fridge.
- Wash to remove the soil.
- Cut in half.
- Slice the whites finely and roughly chop the greens.
Bok choy and mussel soup (serves 4)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 litre water
- 24 whole mussels
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3-4 bok choy
- 125 grams vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until soft. Add curry powder and stir briefly.
- Add tomato sauce, stock cube, water, mussels and carrots. Cover and cook until
mussels have opened.
- Slice bok choy crosswise into thin slices. Keep the white and green parts separate. Add white bok choy and noodles. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green bok choy. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Then squeeze lemon juice over
This resource is for digital download only.