Easy meals with vegetables: Broccoli - NPA205
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Head should be dark green with compact buds.
In the vegetable bin in the fridge.
- Whole head.
- Separate the broccoli head into florets.
- Chop into smaller florets.
- Grate the stalks.
- Stalk salad
Roasted broccoli salad (serves 4)
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (2 lemons)
- Season with pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Spread out evenly on a roasting dish. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with grilled chicken, bread roll and salsa.
This resource is for digital download only.