Easy meals with vegetables: Cabbage - NPA202
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Firm and heavy heads with even colour and crisp outer leaves.
In plastic bags in the fridge.
- Cut in half.
- Quarter and remove core.
- Finely slice.
- Chop roughly.
Chicken drumsticks with coleslaw and wedges (serves 4)
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ apple, grated
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Heat oven to 200°C. Mix drumsticks with tomato sauce, vinegar and oil.
- Place in a baking dish and pour water into dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and mix with oil. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- To make coleslaw, mix together the cabbage, carrot, apple, vinegar and oil.
This resource is for digital download only.