Easy meals with vegetables: Carrots - NPA174
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Choose carrots that are firm and bright orange.
In plastic bags in the fridge
Wash and trim ends, peel if required.
Whole, sliced, grated, chopped into sticks, diced
- Eaten raw
Carrot, chicken and corn soup (serves 4)
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 corn on the cob, cooked and kernels removed (or 2 cups frozen corn kernels)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- parsley, chopped
- Place water and stock in a large saucepan.
- Add the carrots, brown rice and onion. Cook for 30 minutes until rice is soft.
- Add corn and chicken and cook for 5 minutes, add extra water if required.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
This resource is for digital download only.