Easy meals with vegetables: Cauliflower - NPA206
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Heads are clean and compact.
In vegetable bin in the fridge.
- Remove leaves.
- Remove core.
- Separate the cauliflower heads into florets.
- Chop into smaller florets.
- Added to sauce
Tuna cauliflower mac n cheese (serves 4)
- ¼ packet macaroni pasta
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can creamed corn
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup peas
- 400g can tuna, drained
- Heat oven to 200°C. Boil the macaroni for 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to pasta and boil for a further 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together creamed corn, milk and half the cheese. Then add the peas, tuna, pasta and cauliflower.
- Place in a large roasting dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and until top is golden.
This resource is for digital download only.