Easy meals with vegetables: Celery - NPA226
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Bunches with tight packed stems and fresh leaves.
In the vegetable bin in the fridge.
- Slice off the root end.
- Wash to remove any soil.
- Cut lengthwise into sticks.
- Slice crosswise into half-moons.
Tip: To revive limp celery, stand the base ends in water.
Celery and apple salad (serves 4)
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped roughly
- ½ red onion, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl add the apple, celery, parsley and red onion.
- Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- Add the oil and lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve with chicken drums and corn, or with cooked pasta and canned tuna.
This resource is for digital download only.