Easy meals with vegetables: Courgette - NPA198
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
October to April.
Glossy, blemish free skins.
In the vegetable bin in the fridge.
- Cut in half.
- Slice into discs.
- Slice into sticks.
- Peel into ribbons.
- With noodles
Courgette pasta carbonara (serves 4)
- ¼ packet dry fettuccini (or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 courgettes, cut into ribbons
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- ½ can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Into a large pot of boiling water add the pasta. Stir to stop it sticking. Boil for 10 minutes then drain and set aside.
- In a large pot add oil and garlic and cook briefly.
- Add courgette and carrot, stirring for 1 minute. Add evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Add drained pasta and cheese, mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
This resource is for digital download only.