Easy meals with vegetables: Cucumber - NPA220
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Choose cucumber with a firm skin and even colour.
In the vegetable bin in the fridge.
- Cut in half and quarters.
- Slice into sticks.
- Cut into cubes.
- Flavoured water
- With dips
Cucumber with yoghurt dip (Tzatziki)
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1½ cups plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place grated cucumber in a sieve or clean tea towel over a bowl.
- Gently squeeze out the excess liquid. Place cucumber in a bowl.
- Add garlic, mint, yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cover. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
This resource is for digital download only.