Easy meals with vegetables: Potatoes - NPA208
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
With no cuts, bruises, green patches or shoots.
In a well-ventilated, cool, dark place.
- Wash to remove the soil.
- Peel the potato (optional).
- Chop into quarters.
- Slice into wedges.
- Baked with beans
Potato wedges (serves 4)
- 4 potatoes, skins on, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 225°C. In a large bowl mix together the potato wedges and oil.
- Spread evenly on a low sided roasting tray. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or
until crispy and golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with chilli beans and cheese.
This resource is for digital download only.