Easy meals with vegetables: Silverbeet - NPA187
The "Easy meals with vegetables" series show basic storage, preparation and cooking techniques for common vegetables. They are useful to those running introductory cooking classes, in vegetable co-op boxes and for use in healthy lifestyle programmes.
The full resource:
All year round.
Choose crisp green leaves with firm stalks. Avoid leaves that are wilted or damaged.
In plastic bags in the fridge.
- Wash stalks and leaves.
- Slice stalks.
- Remove centre stalks and slice.
- Slice leaves.
- Baked dishes
Baked frittata (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups grated kūmara
- 2-3 leaves silverbeet, finely sliced
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and cook until clear.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add grated kūmara and cooked onion.
- Add finely sliced silverbeet.
- Mix well and place in an oven dish. Bake at 180˚C for 1 hour or until the mixture is set and golden brown.
This resource is for digital download only.